If the jury deems it necessary, projects may be evaluated in categories other than those indicated on the registration form. The jury reserves the right to modify or regroup certain categories.
Please indicate while registering online. You can choose one of the special awards category 13.1 to 13.6
for $45 if you have already submitted in at least one of these
categories 1.1 to 12.1.
- 1- ResidentialThis category includes residential interior spaces such as houses, condominiums, lofts or apartments. Surface area indicates space newly designed or renovated.
1.1 Residential spaces, 1,600 sq.ft. or less (150 m2 or less)
1.2 Residential spaces, 1,600 to 3,200 sq.ft. (150 à 300 m2)
1.3 Residential spaces, more than 3,200 sq.ft.(more than 300 m2)
1.6 Model apartments or house and showrooms for residential
- 2- CommercialThis category includes street-front or mall stores and services open to the public (hair salons/beauty salons, etc.) and professionals (showrooms) of the area or established inside the mall. It does not include shopping centers themselves. Surface area indicates area newly designed or renovated.
2.1 Stands or kiosks
2.2 Commercial spaces, 1,600 sq.ft. or less (150 m2 or less)
2.3 Commercial spaces, 1,600 to 5,400 sq.ft. (150 to 500 m2)
2.4 Commercial spaces, more than 5 400 sq.ft. (more than 500 m2)
- 3- Public areas(Hall, entrance, circulation space, waiting areas for office, condo or commercial, etc.)
- 4- Bar, Café & Restaurant4.1 Restaurants, 2000 square feet or less (609 square meters or less)
4.2 Restaurants, more than 2000 square feet (more than 609 square meters)
4.3 Bars, lounges and nightclubs
4.4 Cafés, food counters
- 5- Accommodation, wellness and recreationalThis category includes rooms, suites, private salons in hotels, inns, motels, bed-and-breakfast’s. That is also include spa, training centers and Exhibitions
5.1 Accommodation (Hostels, Motels, bed & breakfast)
5.2 Wellness, training and recreational center (Spa, gym, sport center, activities center)
5.5 Event design and short-lived installation
- 6- OfficeThis category includes work or reception areas, meeting rooms, utility spaces, etc. Surface area indicates area newly designed or renovated.
6.1 Offices, under 5,000 square feet (460 square meters)
6.2 Offices, 5,000 to 20,000 square feet (460 to 1,860 square meters)
6.3 Offices, over 20,000 square feet (1,860 square meters)
- 7- Institutional, cultural, public and health facility
7.1 Institutional establishment (Educational institution, school, daycare)
7.2 Cultural establishment (Museum, theater, auditorium and library)
7.3 Public establishment (Airport, courthouse, correctional facilities and places of worship)
7.4 Health facilities and research center
7.5 Professional offices and clinic (Doctors’ offices, dentists’ offices, private clinics, rehabilitation centers, emergency clinics, medical clinics)
- 8- Sustainable development
For a project demonstrating a serious commitment to the environment without necessarily having obtained a certification. However, this projects as to shows a serious commitment to the environment according to LEED CI.
- 9- Universal accessFor a project designed to simplify access and facilitate the life of people with physical, visual, auditory, intellectual or other impairments.
- 10- Non Categorized
i.e.: Interior of a conveyance, or any other project that does not fit into any previous category.
- 11- Exteriors
11.1 Terrace and residential landscaping project
11.2 Terrace and housing landscaping project
11.3 Terrace and office or commercial landscaping project
This section is aimed to Landscape Architect
11.4 Residential Project of Landscape Architecture
11.5 Home and Commercial Project of Landscape Architecture
11.6 Institutional Project of Landscape Architecture
(Ex: school, campus, museum, hospital, religious institution, diocese)
11.7 Public Project of Landscape Architecture
(Ex: public square, park)
11.8 Environmental Project of Landscape Architecture stormwater management project, biodiversity, renaturalisation, demineralization project, Universal access)
- 12- Valorization of wood
12.1 Valorization of wood in interior design
12.2 Valorization of wood in industrial and product design
- 13- Special awards in interior design
You can choose one of the special awards category 13.1 to 13.6 for an amount of $45, if you have already submit in at least one of these category 1.1 to 12.1.
13.4 Signage / Branding
13.5 Low budget
- 14- Products design in small series
14.2 Residential, commercial and built-in furniture
14.3 Interior-use objects, kitchen and bathroom product
14.4 non-categorized in products design in small series
- 15- Industrial design
This category is aimed at industrial and manufacturiers
15.2 Residential furniture
15.3 Office furniture
15.4 Contract furniture and institutional furniture
15.5 Street furniture
15.6 Interior-use objects and accessories
15.7 Sustainable Development / Eco-Design
15.9 Architectural product
15.10 kitchen product
15.11 bathroom product
15.13 non-categorized in industrial design
The following categories are exclusively reserved to the jury
The jury, gathering experts in interior design, architecture, landscaping architecture, industrial design or communications (advertising or graphic design), will choose the awards’ winners.
- New talent Award*The jury rewards an emerging designer or architect with no more than five-year experience. All new talent designers who register a project in categories 1 to 14 are eligible without any registration fee. Winners will be selected by the jury among the participants.
- Student Award
- Project of the Year*Jury’s favourite project within all categories. No registration fee. Any participating designer is eligible by default. The winners will be selected by the jury among the participants.
- Tribute AwardThe jury rewards a designer or an architect whose career contributed to the recognition and acknowledgement of Québec’s design.